6.05.2012

So Now Tattoos are Trendy?

I'm going back and forth on considering tattoos a trend. Because here's the thing, they are permanent. If they are trendy right now, we are all really stupid. In 10 years, if they have gone out of style, the tattoo removal businesses are going to make a killing. Personally, I think that the reason they are so rampant is  that people have become more open about self-expression and not following the rules of "the man." That was a little bit of the 70's flower child in me.

60 years ago, the only people who got tattoos were men in the army. Now, I would say a majority of youngens in their 20's have a tattoo. I guess we also have Kat Von Dee to thank for helping mainstream the tattoo world. 

For me, I don't have a tattoo, yet. I know what I want, but I am just waiting for the right time. So I do appreciate a lady or man who can really pull off their tattoo. And frankly, "pulling off a tattoo", to me, means getting that tattoo for a reason and loving it. You have to be super confident about it and be able to rock it flawlessly. I think some tattoos can be really beautiful and meaningful. When done right and for the right reason, I think it can add to the person's appearance, making them seem more real, raw, and utterly beautiful.








If you can't tell, I'm deciding between my back or my wrist ;)


No comments: